To celebrate Mother’s Day I’ve collected some of the most inspiring quotes from popular writers, thinkers and personalities about what it means to be a Mom.
“I have a great Mom and I love her more and more everyday.”
We all have that special bond between a child and a mother. In celebration of Mother’s day this coming May 14 this year, I’ve collected few of my favorite inspiring quotes for Moms.
- “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power. Or the climbing, falling colors of a rainbow.” – Maya Angelou
- “Being a mom has made me so tired. And so happy.” – Tina Fey
- “Birth is the epicenter of women’s power.” –Ani DiFranco
- “There is such a special sweetness in being able to participate in creation.” – Pamela S. Nadav
- “[My mother] had handed down respect for the possibilities—and the will to grasp them.” – Alice Walker
- “Giving birth and being born brings us into the essence of creation, where the human spirit is courageous and bold and the body, a miracle of wisdom.” – Harriette Hartigan
- “Having kids—the responsibility of rearing good, kind, ethical, responsible human beings—is the biggest job anyone can embark on.” – Maria Shriver
- “[Motherhood is] the biggest gamble in the world. It is the glorious life force. It’s huge and scary—it’s an act of infinite optimism.” – Gilda Radner
- “Motherhood: All love begins and ends there.” – Robert Browning
- “I believe the choice to become a mother is the choice to become one of the greatest spiritual teachers there is.” – Oprah
- “In giving birth to our babies, we may find that we give birth to new possibilities within ourselves.” – Myla and Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” – Jill Churchill
- “When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” – Sophia Loren
- “Babies are bits of star-dust blown from the hand of God. Lucky the woman who knows the pangs of birth for she has held a star.” – Larry Barretto
- “We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm
- “I realized when you look at your mother, you are looking at the purest love you will ever know.” – Mitch Albom
- “Birthing is the most profound initiation to spirituality a woman can have.” – Robin Lim
- “Grown don’t mean nothing to a mother. A child is a child. They get bigger, older, but grown. In my heart it don’t mean a thing.” – Toni Morrison
- “Birth takes a woman’s deepest fears about herself and show her that she is stronger than them.” – Unknown
- “Birth is a mystery. Words are not enough.” – Marie O’Connor
- “Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world, a mother’s love is not.” – James Joyce
Hi guys! It’s going to be 2 months before I give birth to a baby boy and me and my husband is very excited to finally meet our little angel. A lot of things have been going on lately. Since my husband is not here because of work, me as an excited Mom-to-be is very busy lately preparing for the blessing that is coming our way.
I am still going to blog and been planning on switching my blog to Parenting & Lifestyle Blog. I am very excited to share with you my experiences of having and raising a baby. This is new to me since this is my first baby but I am looking forward to the challenges that may come my way.
Nothing will change with my blog, instead I will add topics on parenting, some tips and tricks on how I will handle my everyday life as a blogger and a Mom. I will also feature some product reviews in my blog so stay tuned for that!
Being negative is something I think some of us is experiencing in life. Personally, I tend to be negative in everything that I do, what’s happening in my life and the people around me. Don’t get me wrong, but I can’t help but to be negative in everything I do.
Lately, a lot of things happened in my life that it changes my perspective in life. I think the most important thing is to keep your mind always in focus and being positive to a lot of things. By adopting a positive mindset, may improve the quality of your life as well as you will be a much happier person. This is really life changing and here are some tips on how to eliminate negativity in your life.
- Believe in Yourself – Always seeing yourself as a failure is the worst thing you can do. Give yourself a break. Learn to love yourself more than anyone else first. Then, appreciate everything you do. You may fail sometime but always learn not to give up and face the challenges life has to offer with a positive vibes. Just put your mind to something and appreciate the work you do.
- Be Grateful – Be always always grateful to all the blessings you received and will receive. Remind yourself off all the good stuff in life. Try not to compare yourself with other people, instead be grateful of the things that are happening. Learn to appreciate people around you especially those who helped you in times of problems. Don’t forget to be thankful.
- Failure is Natural – We can’t control what happens in our life, but we can control how we react to certain problem that comes our way. If something doesn’t go according to the plan, see this as a new opportunity. Always thrive hard to look at the bright side. Learn not to blame others of your failures, but strive hard and work better next time. Remember, you’re the one in-charge of your life.
- Get Rid of Toxic Relationships – There are people who are taking advantage of you. Learn to know when to get rid of them. Once you see signs that something fishy is going on, keep yourself away from that person. Sometimes, being selective is okay. If you’re trying to be more positive, make sure you only surround yourself with like minded people.
- Being Positive is a Choice – Each morning we wake up with a fresh start and it’s up to us what attitude we’re going to adopt. Start the day with positive vibes and get rid of negativity. Promise yourself not to think of negative things instead change it to positive ones. Work in steps, one step at a day, and then expand it to weeks and the rest will follow. In time, you will simply get into habit of more positive thinking.
It’s official! Summer is right around the corner and it’s time to reclaim your inner child. Do you have some activities in mind this summer? Make most of your time and keep yourself away from distraction from work. Turn off that email notifications, turn off your work phones and just enjoy and relax.
Summer isn’t just going on the beach, travelling and explore new things. It doesn’t have to be expensive. You can just stay at home, grab your popcorn while watching Netflix. You simply need to take a break from your daily routine. Here’s some tips on how to make the most of your summer.
- Enjoy quality time with friends and family
Maybe go to a mall, park or simply plan a picnic with family and friends. Have some laughs, share memories together, I think that’s the most important thing. Catch up till you drop.
- Go With the Flow
Planning ahead can be stressful and draining. That would be no fun if you just go on with your planned day. For me, still the best thing is to go with the flow. If you’re free for a lunch or dinner date, why not call a friend and ask if they want to hang out with you. Spontaneous moments in life, always seem to trump planned events. You never know, something nice will happen!
There are some days that we feel exhausted because of work and also with our personal problems. Anyone’s working day can lead to burnout and a lot of us struggle with unwinding where we keep ourselves away from social media, away from our computers, phones, and other gadgets. I am going to share with you my top 7 ways to unwind after a long day.
- Switch Off from Work
The moment you step out of your workplace, try to turn off your phones and resist the temptation of checking your work emails. You deserve to take a break after a long busy day. Switch your mindset from work mode to off mode. Spend some time with your family and friends, maybe have a dinner with them. It always starts with unwinding mentally, so clear your mind of thoughts and focus on the night to come.
- Listen to Good Music
Chilling out with some relaxing music will help calm you down and take your mind off from work. It is scientifically proven that listening to relaxing music links to our emotions, a very effective way to manage stress. Choose something soft and gentle and use an earphones and feel the vibes. Just sit back and let the music relax you.
- Grab your Favorite Book
Reading has a lot of benefits and relaxing is one of them. With reading books, you would be able to transport into a different world. Forget all the troubles and problems you have, go to a quiet place and keep yourself busy by reading a book.